When Mercury is in Retrograde, the past is being swung back around. It can make us feel like we are treading water, with no forward movement. This backtracking allows old beliefs to come forward, causing emotions to rise. This energy slows us down and makes us feel more tired. Respect that and get extra sleep, which will help you deal with the little annoyances that Mercury Retrograde puts on our plate.
- Communication becomes obscured. There’s a tendency to not understand what others are clearly saying. Likewise, you feel like you’re not being heard in the context of the words you’re speaking. It’s most important to slow down and speak with precision. You’re not the only one who feels fogged in, waiting for the fog bank to lift. Be patient with yourself and everybody around you, because frustrations can run high at this time.
- If you’re experiencing self-doubt, draw your shoulders back and lean into the energy that’s present. Chaos resides in the mix, until it’s completed its cycle. We can’t change it so accept it, work with it, and inject a bit of humor into the mix to feel better.
- This isn’t the right time to make any big decisions or start something new. But this is, actually, a good time to revisit unanswered problems and questions. You’ll be pleasantly surprised by the creative, new solutions to old problems that will present themselves!
- Emails, texts and phone calls seem to be slower in getting to the right place. They might not even get there at all.
- Expect computer issues and technical issues. Back up your computers and work daily when Mercury is in Retrograde. Make sure your antivirus software is up to date and running continuously.
- Appliances and motor vehicles seem to break down more often during this time.
- If possible, travel should be avoided because there will more than likely be delays. That’s the standard theme for Mercury Retrograde. Expect “delays” in everything! For any important project, it’s a good idea to have a “Plan B” in your hip pocket, just in case it’s needed.
- Moving during this period is not encouraged but planning for a move is.
- Items seem to be misplaced more often at this time.
- Don’t promise anything that you aren’t 100% sure you can deliver.
- This is a great time to tie up loose ends.
- Great time to have a family reunion, to revisit old friends, or to reinvent that idea you’ve considered.
Most people become uncomfortable in Mercury Retrograde because of the emotional baggage that returns. It may be useful to remember that it’s seeking resolution!
The RE in retrograde means – re-think, re-do, re-organize, re-write, re-work, re-visit… get the picture? Just put RE in front of anything and you’ll have a good handle on this energy, hands down.
You have free will to do with the energy as you want – you can become annoyed and angry or just let it roll off your shoulders and accept that it wants you to revisit life. I suggest having fun with it and accepting it for what it is!